The lab was first established in the School of Psychology at the University of New South Wales in 2007 and in 2016 was relocated to the Flinders Business School, coinciding with Jo’s appointment there.
Over the years the laboratory has supported student projects, many of which have been published in international journals.
Our most recent projects have included:
- Bianca Burbury - Building an online intervention to improve retirement planning
- Alison Young - Designing a new measure of Time Perspective
- Johanna Tibbersma - Retirement plans of General Practitioners
The lab is supported by research assistance from Tara Atkinson.
- In 2010 National Seniors Australia funded the development of the Retirement Resources Inventory (known also as the Retirement Quiz)
- In 2015 National Seniors Australia funded further development of the Retirement Resources Inventory as well as online modules aimed at improving resources for retirement.
- In 2016 Associate Professor Joanne Earl and Professor Hazel Bateman (UNSW) were granted an ARC for a three year project investigating the application of Time Perspective to retirement planning.